Baghouse Troubleshooting Tips
High Differential Pressure (DP) Factors
· Excessive air-to-cloth ratio
· Particulate Adhesion caused by dew point temp excursions, moisture, leaks and load changes.
· Cleaning Energy must be sufficient to remove dust without overcleaning.
· Process and/or fuel changes alter gas stream chemistry and air volume.
· Blinded Filter Bags restrict air flow through baghouse.
· Bag Failures. Dust escapes through breaches in bags and exits the stack.
· Bleed-through when bags are blinded or an insufficient control dust layer is retained after cleaning.
· Incorrect new bag startup procedures leading to prematurely blinded bags.
· Mechanical Leaks due to improperly installed bags, tube plate deteriate and seals.
Short Bag Life Factors
· Incorrect air-to-cloth ratio
· Incorrect filter bag media for process
· Incorrect new bag startup procedure
· Excessive cleaning energy and/or frequency
· Frequent startup and shutdown
· Process changes